Thursday, December 6, 2012

I am applying for the position of, "Conversion Hacker" on OkCupid. While I do not meet some of the criteria for the position (I have no experience with A/B testing) I believe that I am a perfect fit for said position. To start with it is easy enough to educate myself on A/B testing and contact people who do have experience with it. I am fine with the idea that I might have to put in some extra hours initially.


As well, I have a strong IT background which put me in contact with many end users and their desires and needs. To top this off I studied anthropology at K-State. While I do not have a degree the lessons I learned there were not lost. I gained much from Dr. Wesch, a specialist in digital ethnography. Which included an appreciation for how different online communities 'work together' to create whole networks of interaction. Not to mention how these networks have revolutionized human interaction on a global scale.

I have used OkCupid off and on over the last 5 years and I am very interested in seeing it be as successful as possible. I would like to sit down and look over what strategies have been used in the past and look to the future. Currently, I think the best way to sell the A-list is by designing and creating features that help create an active, friendly, and visible online community that everyone wants to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment